Day 11: Persimmon Cupcakes
I made persimmon cupcakes a few weeks back and was disappointed that they tasted just like pumpkin. This recipe is a little more what I was hoping for. I also went with less icing to let the flavors stand out. Persimmons are very strange fruits (or vegetables?) but they are tasty in a cupcake.
From Cupcake Project
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup persimmon pulp (the insides of 1 to 2 seeded over-ripe persimmons)
- ½ cup orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar, then mix in eggs, persimmon pulp and orange juice until thoroughly combined.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
5. Fill cupcake liners ¾ full with batter.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed clean.
Mix powdered sugar and a bit of water together to make a glaze thin enough to drizzle over the tops of the cupcakes.