30 days of cupcakes post mortem (i might have actually died)
A few things I’m sure you’re all dying to know. I did not gain any weight from these little bundles of joy. I was already on a downward spiral. If anything this has made me eat healthy in every other way.
On the last day I was featured more prominently on Foodpress.com, which was pretty exciting and satisfying on my last day.
Which was my favorite? I’ll give you top 5.
- Elvis has left the building
- Apple Crisp
- Pecan Pie Cupcakes
- Pear & Hefeweisen
- Chocolate cupcakes, salted caramel icing with candied bacon
Least Favorite? My least favorite were others favorites, so I learned that just because I don’t like it doesnt mean its not good. But here are a few that I wasn’t too jazzed about.
- White chocolate cranberry
- Boston cream pie cupcakes
How much stuff did I go through? A lot. Might not want to read this list if you ever want to enjoy a cupcake again.
- 8-10 boxes of butter (thats 4 sticks each box)
- 2 containers of vanilla
- 3 cartons of milk
- 1 10 pound bag of sugar
- and 2 5 lb bags of flour
- 2 36 packs of eggs
- 5 bags of powdered sugar
- 2 pints of whipping cream
- 2 pints of buttermilk
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 3 packages of baking chocolate
- 2 bags of semi sweet morsels
- 1.5 bags of brown sugar
- 1 small container of vegetable oil
- 220 cupcake liners
This was definitely a challenge, there were days when I thought if I had to touch another stick of butter I was going to kill myself. But then I saw how excited everyone was about this whole thing and I put my issues aside and kept on truckin. If you have a life, which I do sometimes, its really hard to fit this in every day. It takes about an hour to complete every recipe if you have an electric mixer, which leads me into my list of stuff I learned.
- sugar can make you feel like complete crap if you eat too much.
- the kitchen aid mixer is the best investment you can ever make.
- following directions is usually a good idea unless you’re making 30 cupcakes in 30 days, then you can afford to screw up a recipe or 2.
- I still have no idea what the difference between baking soda and baking powder is.
- I have friends that only like me because of my baking abilities. and i’m ok with it.
- people come out of the woodwork when you have cupcakes.
- powdered sugar can infiltrate anything.
- cupcakes can not cure hangovers unless they have bacon in them
- a good camera lens can make anything look edible (i promise everything i made was edible)
- dudes like girls that can cook
- an apron really is a good idea
- Be willing to try anything, it might just taste good in a cupcake
- a well stocked pantry can make life so much easier.
With all of that said, I’ll keep baking and posting on here, but it will definitely not be every day. Taking a much needed break from the kitchen. Thanks for the support and following.
Next up getting in shape for a half marathon!