Drunken Hazelnut Nutella Cupcakes
Alcohol, check. Nutella, check. The only 2 things that matter in life are in this cupcake. I may or may not have cleaned the empty Nutella container with a spoon. Whatever, eff off. Apologies for my less than spectacular photos, I might have been drunk.
Drunken Hazelnut Cupcake
- 125g Unsalted Butter, diced
- 3/4 cup (185ml) Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Instant Coffee Powder
- 100g Dark Chocolate, chopped (use the good stuff if you can)
- 1 cup (75g) Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup (40g) Cocoa Powder
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 3 tbsp Frangelico
- 1 cup crushed hazelnuts (plus 2 tbsp flour, & some for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 12-cupcake pan with cupcake papers.
- Combine butter, water, sugar, coffee powder and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes or until the butter and chocolate melt and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Sift combined flours and cocoa powder over the chocolate mixture. Stir until just combined. Add the egg and stir to combined. Add the Frangelico (feel free to add more…)
- Todd hazelnuts in flour, and then gently fold into batter.
- Half fill each cupcake pan with batter.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes approximately, or until cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 1 small jar Nutella
- 1 80z package of cream cheese
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 6-7 cups powdered sugar
Mix Nutella, cream cheese and butter together until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached.